Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir
Senior Research Scientist at the Norwegian Computing Center
Norwegian Computing Center
P.O.Box 114 Blindern
Phone: +47 22 85 25 60
Thordis is a Senior Research Scientist in the Statistical Analysis, Pattern Recognition, and Image Analysis (SAMBA) group at the Norwegian Computing Center. Her research interests include spatial and spatio-temporal statistics, Bayesian methods, and forecasting. She is interested in Bayesian inference and model selection procedures for point process models. She also works on methods for probabilistic forecasting and forecast verification. She enjoys applications in climatology, atmospheric and environmental sciences, and economics, among other disciplines.
Thordis is a member of the International Environmetrics Society and the Icelandic Mathematical Association.
- Spatial postprocessing of ensemble forecasts for temperature using nonhomogeneous Gaussian regression
- Shape from texture using locally scaled point processes
- Assessing the calibration of high-dimensional ensemble forecasts using rank histograms
- Paths and pitfalls in prediction verification
- Probabilistic weather forecasting -- an overview
- Bayesian model selection for point process models
A robust flood estimation framework for Norway
Last updated July 21, 2014 by Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir