To develop new and improved algorithms for retrieval of snow variables from satellite remote sensing data
- To develop algorithms for retrieval of snow cover area (SCA), snow spectral albedo (SSA), snow surface wetness (SSW), snow surface temperature (SST) and snow grain size (SGS).
- To determine the state of the art of retrieval algorithms for the given variables.
- To select a set of state-of-the-art algorithms, implement them and compare them to the new set of in-house developed algorithms.
- To implement the algorithms in a conformant way under ENVI into a "SnowLab" system.
- The algorithms developed shall improve state of the art and, therefore, be published in international journals and presented at international conferences.
- The project results shall be well documented in reports usable for the derivation of the relevant reports in the funding projects in addition to journal publications and conference papers.
- Priority of the work shall be steered by the funding projects.