NR’s Information Security research group does research and industrial development on information security and related topics. The group addresses common challenges faced by companies and public services:
- Comply with laws and regulations (GDPR, PSD2)
- Manage and reduce risk
- Protect assets such as information and reputation
- Increase efficiency and reduce the cost of services through digitalization.
The Information Security group has the following expertise and uses the following methods.
- Security and privacy assurance
- Adaptive securityFormal methods and modelling
- Maturity assessment
- Security protocol analysis
- Computational forensics
- AI and machine learning
Our customers are in critical infrastructures, utilities, health, and service provisioning. Our research is applied to solving their challenges.
Examples of applications of our research:
- Securing fintech solutions for banking and payment processing
- Authenticating smartphone users based on biometry and behavior
- Security analytics assisted by tools, for the startup Prosa Security
- Securing commercial messaging systems
We have a network including academics with complementary competence both in Norway and abroad. Our projects are financed by the Research Council of Norway, the EU or directly by our customers. NR is independent and organized as a research foundation (Norw. stiftelse).