Within this field the Norwegian Computing Center (NR) performs applied research within smart sensing, smart systems, information security, privacy, universal design, and e-inclusion. We are involved in a wide range of technologies for development and operation of advanced information and communication systems. This includes integration of devices such as smartphones, wireless sensors, smartcards and assistive technologies – often in combination. We are working within a wide range of application areas such as e-health, financial services and governmental services.
Our fields of expertise include:
- specification and programming technology
- quality of user experience measurements, adaptation, and integration
- security requirements, modeling and analysis
- adaptive security and trust management
- privacy enhancing technologies, privacy design and impact analysis
- universal design and e-inclusion for public services, mobile applications and security
- understanding user behaviour using smart sensing
- application testing and evaluation of universal design and usability, e.g., with eye-tracking
NR has a close cooperation with other private, public and academic research groups in Norway and internationally.