- Provide air pollution data on the local scale for all of Norway and in Chinese megacities, for population alerts and to support policy decisions on emission reduction measures
- provide population exposure assessments on the local scale to enable health impact assessment
- increase the dialogue between scientists, health experts and policy makers on matters regarding air pollution
- strengthen collaboration between Norway and China in air pollution research, which has received considerable attention in recent years.
- Collect relevant data in Norway and China to enable downscaling of regional air quality models to the local scale
- develop and implement a novel method to downscale regional air pollution data to the local scale, using satellite and other sources of proxy data
- improve regional operational air quality forecasts provided by EMEP in Europe and China
- improve source allocation calculations for air pollution episodes.