Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir, Ph.D.
Chief Research Scientist, Norwegian Computing Center
Phone: +47 22 85 25 60
Mailing address: P.O. Box 114 Blindern, NO-0314 Oslo, Norway
Visiting address: Gaustadalléen 23, NO-0373 Oslo [directions]
I am a statistician in the Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, and Image Analysis (SAMBA) group at the Norwegian Computing Center. My work mainly focuses on environmental applications where we work together with climate scientists, hydrologists and meteorologists to solve problems on uncertainty quantification, probabilistic prediction and model evaluation. I also enjoy being Bayesian, especially in the company of complicated spatial and space-time models.
- Model selection and model verification for point processes (PointProcess)
- High-dimensional statistical modelling of changes in wave climate and implications for maritime infrastructure (HDwave)
- Physical and statistical analysis of climate extremes in large data sets (ClimateXL)
- Statistical analysis of climate projections (eSACP)
- Mesoscale weather extremes: Theory, spatial modelling and prediction (WEX-MOP)
- A robust flood estimation framework for Norway (FlomQ)
Last updated October 16, 2016 by TLT