Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir, Ph.D.
Chief Research Scientist, Norwegian Computing Center
Phone: +47 22 85 25 60
Mailing address: P.O. Box 114 Blindern, NO-0314 Oslo, Norway
Visiting address: Gaustadalléen 23, NO-0373 Oslo [directions]
I am a statistician in the Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning, and Image Analysis (SAMBA) group at the Norwegian Computing Center. My work is within the fields of spatial and space-time statistics, Bayesian methods and forecasting. I work on environmental applications together with atmospheric scientists and hydrologists to solve problems on uncertainty quantification, probabilistic prediction and model evaluation.
- Model selection and model verification for point processes (PointProcess)
- High-dimensional statistical modelling of changes in wave climate and implications for maritime infrastructure (HDwave)
- Physical and statistical analysis of climate extremes in large data sets (ClimateXL)
- Statistical analysis of climate projections (eSACP)
- Mesoscale weather extremes: Theory, spatial modelling and prediction (WEX-MOP)
- A robust flood estimation framework for Norway (FlomQ)
Last updated February 6, 2017 by TLT