Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir
Senior Research Scientist at the Norwegian Computing Center
Norwegian Computing Center
P.O.Box 114 Blindern
Phone: +47 22 85 25 60
Thordis is a Senior Research Scientist in the Statistical Analysis, Pattern Recognition, and Image Analysis (SAMBA) group at the Norwegian Computing Center. She received her PhD in Mathematical Statistics at Aarhus University (2006), her Diplom in Mathematics at the University of Cologne (2002) and BS in Mathematics at the University of Iceland (2000). She has received several research awards, including a Young Research Talent award from the Research Council of Norway (2015). She is an Associate Editor of Environmetrics and the Annals of Applied Statistics. She is a member of the Icelandic Mathematical Association and the International Environmetrics Society where she is a regional representative for Europe on the society's board.
My research interests include spatial and spatio-temporal statistics, Bayesian methods, and forecasting. I am particularly interested in Bayesian inference and model selection procedures for point process models as well as methods for probabilistic forecasting and forecast verification. My work mainly focuses on applications in the environmental sciences, especially climatology, hydrology and atmospheric sciences.
- Model selection and model verification for point processes
- High-dimensional statistical modelling of changes in wave climate and implications for maritime infrastructure
- Physical and statistical analysis of climate extremes in large data sets
- Statistical analysis of climate projections
- Mesoscale weather extremes: Theory, spatial modelling and prediction
- A robust flood estimation framework for Norway
Last updated November 19, 2015 by Thordis L. Thorarinsdottir